23 April 2011
01 June 2010
I've decided: I like to floss.
Yes, it's true. I actually enjoy doing it now (my dental hygienist shouts "hooray! at long last!"), and perform my act with a smile:
Yaya, I don't know if, like running and chocolate, flossing is addicting because it releases good endorphins or what, but it is now on the list of happy things. Do you know what makes you happy? I think it's important to know. My list is kinda long. Lots of people don't have happy things. Or maybe they just haven't taken time to consider what they are. It makes it difficult to cheer them up when they don't know what will make them cheerier. What are some of your happy things? Do you know them?
14 May 2010
- Being an adult can be fun when you are acting like a child.
- Love has nothing to do with looks, but everything to do with time, trust, and interest.
- Laughing, crying, joy and anger… All are a vital. All make us human.
- The greatest truths in life are uncovered with simple, steady awareness.
- Greed will bury even the lucky eventually.
- Bad things do happen to good people.
- Paving your own road is intelligent only if nobody has gone exactly where you are going.
- Uncertainty is caused by a lack of knowledge. Hesitation is the product of fear.
- Time heals all wounds… regardless of how you feel right now.
- Most of the time what you are looking for is right in front of you.
- Your health is your life.
- Chance is a gift, so act on chance when given the opportunity.
- Kindness and hard work will take you further than intelligence.
- People deserve a second chance, but not a third.
- Marry your best friend.
- Take lots of pictures. Someday you’ll be really glad you did.
- Money makes life easier only when the money is yours free and clear.
- Carelessness is the root of failure
- Your actions now create memories you will reminisce and talk about in your elder years.
- Stepping outside of your comfort zone will put things into perspective from an angle you can’t grasp now.
- Motivation comes in short bursts. Act while it’s hot.
- Purposely ignoring the obvious is like walking backwards toward the enemy.
- Taking ownership of failure builds the foundation for success.
- First impressions are completely worthless 50% of the time.
- Personal glory lasts forever.
- If you never act, you will never know for sure.
18 April 2010
02 April 2010
- seen someone utterly and completely jam out in their car, air drumming out the window like their was no tomorrow.
- while walking out of biology, nearly been run over by skateboarding, iPod listening boy. it looked so enjoyable i almost asked for lessons...but i was wearing a dress. i could see that not working out. so i let him skate off in the other direction with me just standing there wondering why i didn't put on jeans that morning...
- experienced as much joy as humanly possible from some orange daisies.
- slept for 23.9 hours of the day, stayed up for .001 hrs, and then felt exhausted and returned to sleep.
- witnessed Justin stomp without warning on that pseudo-ladybug...and cheered quietly afterwards.
- been asked in perfect seriousness if i was naturally clumsy and if it was the reason i stopped taking ballet lessons. Alex, your honest bluntness is very endearing. can i keep you as a little brother forever even though you're older than me?
- yelled across a full cafeteria, "YES YOU DID!"
- given two crappy side-hugs in a row to the same person and one for real one.
- gone to Steak&Shake and did NOT get a milkshake.
- confirmed that someone who "lol"ed, did in fact, have an audible chuckle.
- decided that whatever has been enjoying living in my lungs for weeks, doesn't taste good at all.
- watched a movie where Poppy, (yes, Poppy!!!), wore her boots everywhere too. despite what her driving instructor said. so, ha Kevin. take that.
- made someone's day with a spork. yes my friends, that is all that's needed. just one spork.
26 March 2010
15 February 2010
I saw it when I opened my eyes to the most adorable rose I think I shall ever see, from a darling friend.
I tasted it in the goodness of that valentinely wrapped Reese Cup among the conversation hearts (oh yeah baby!).
I was overcome by it when the King of all Kings, the God of heaven, the Creator of the Universe took all of my filth and mud and stink and ugliness and rebelliousness upon Himself and conquered death so that I wouldn't have to experience it myself. This is Love.
If I have the spectacular skill to speak the languages of men and angels, but I am without love, I am only that loud annoying gong on that Chinese game show or a crashing cymbal that's played at the wrong time and ruins the song. If I am given the gift of prophecy, and nothing is unknown to me, I'm like Sherlock Holmes and solving all mysteries and I hold all knowledge in my hands; and if I contain all the faith I ever could, so much that I could move mountains with a word, but completely empty in love, I am nothing. If I sacrifice my possessions and give up all I own to those who have nothing, and sacrifice my body by throwing myself into a pit of fire, but do not do it out of love, I gain nothing!
Love is long-suffering.
Love is kind and not jealous.
Love is not a braggart nor prideful.
Love would NEVER act unbecomingly.
Love does not look out for It's own interests.
Love is not baited by ignorant, childish ways.
Love does not remember wrongs done to It.
Love does not take joy in sin.
Love is exhilarated when the truth is proclaimed!
Love bears all things with a good attitude.
Love believes the best about all things.
Love hopes all things, even if the outlook is bleak.
Love endures all things, even when it is impossible:
LOVE WILL PREVAIL.[First Corinthians 13:1-8a LeahNardosKindaParaphrasedAndReallyAkwardTranslation]