trying something new?

23 November 2007

"Let other pens dwell on guilt and misery..."

or perhaps I shall continue on and let someone else fill that description. Although, I guess in complete solid honesty, I shall not be dwelling on misery and just a wee bit on guilt. :)



"MEMPHIS"



I'm sorry I've been so over-emotional, annoying, dramatic, sarcastic, mopey, and all other unpleasant things I've been exerting whenever this city of Tennessee has entered someones mouth or my head! It's been horrendous, I know. I knew it while I was doing it, yet under too much self-pity to want to stop it. Anyway, enough of these pitiful, non-happy, self-centered Leah-words. Moving on to the good stuff...



I've been heartily ashamed of my lack of a grateful heart in this whole "Dad's New Job" issue. I mean, my family and our friends have been praying for a job offer to come dad's way for years and now that God has brought such a good one (and it didn't end up being Ireland! though, living there would have been interesting...) for my dad to us, I've been nothing but ungrateful and most selfish. The other day while I was taking a walk, enjoying the lovely fall weather, my thoughts turned to the Thanksgiving Channel. How thankful I was for everything ad I began to pray as I walked thanking God for my many, many blessings...except Dad's job. Then I became so ashamed. I hadn't once thanked God for this wonderful blessing He had bestowed on my family! Why wasn't I satisfied with this plan God had made for us? When I am happy with what's been given, is that the only time I am going to be thankful? God's Plans Are Perfect. Perfect. That describes them...perfectly. If I'm unhappy with sheer Perfection, what will I be satisfied with? It's so annoying. After my selfish-ungratefulness was revealed, I've been trying to be cheerful about this. But it feels so fake and I'm tired of complaining about it. The Good News is...


  • There is a time for everything.

"There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven--A time to give birth and a time to die; A time to plant and a time to uproot what is planted...A time to weep and a time to laugh; A time to mourn and a time to dance." Ecclesiastes. 3:1,2,4

  • Rejoice in the Lord always.

"Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:4-7

*********the rest I’m not typing out the entire verse and the like because my post with be even bigger then mega and huge and just plain big proportions and blogger will cut my post off, delete it, or I may just cry with frustration at annoying Internet connection while I wait for 23 days for it to load completely. (I hope that sentence was complete and understandable…..hmmm, if not, you didn't miss anything. *********

  • Proverbs 27:19-what’s my heart reflecting in this?
  • Proverbs24:32-what have I learned from this?
  • Proverbs 24:14-my hope is not cut off just because I’m leaving Indiana…I have a future planned out by the Creator of the Universe! My Lord and my God!
  • Proverbs 21:11-if I am wise, I will receive instruction
  • Proverbs 19:21-plans have been made for me, how can I be dissatisfied?
  • Proverbs 17:22-I’m not being cheerful about this
  • Proverbs 16:33-EVERY DECISION IS FROM THE LORD!
  • Proverbs 16:3,9 The Lord directs my steps. (v.4: everything has a purpose)
  • Proverbs 14:26-27,32- I’ve been thinking of Indiana as my refuge…my citizenship isn’t really here in the US or even of this world. My home is in heaven no matter where my body is dwelling at the moment. Memphis or otherwise.
  • Proverbs 12:25-being anxious doesn’t help anything.
  • Proverbs 11:24-I’m withholding possible joy and thankfulness I could have out of this….making me want it more.
  • Proverbs3:21-26-my foot will not stumble
  • Proverbs 3:1-8-acknowledge God and he will direct me bringing refreshment to my bones and body.
  • Psalm 147-thankfulness
  • Psalm146:3-am I relying too much on “mortal man” my friends, and not enough on God?
  • Psalm 142-my prayer (141:8)
  • Psalm 139:1-7,17-18,23-24
  • Psalm 130:5-6-waiting on God
  • Psalm 125:1-2-those who trust in God, cannot be moved
  • Psalm 119:143-when I’m sad, I can yet find joy in the Lord’s commandments. (161)
  • Psalm 116-THANKSGVING
  • Psalm 102-my prayer
  • Psalm 62:1-2, 5-8
  • Psalm 61:1-4
  • Psalm 42:5,11
  • Psalm 25:1-5-I trust God with me. V21 I wait for You.
  • Psalm 9:1-2 I WILL praise God
  • Job 42:1-3-things too wonderful for me…
  • Jeremiah 29:11-OF course ! :-P
  • 1 Peter 5:6-7, 10-11-trials are good
  • 1 Peter 1:3-9-rejoicing ever
  • James 1:2-4-joy in testing
  • Hebrews 11-examples of men who listened to God’s calling
  • Romans 8-our calling…working all out for good
  • Romans 5:3-rejoicing in trials
  • Romans 2:13-not just a hearer, but a doer

    No, this isn’t near anything close to all of it. But this is a bit of what is comforting me at the moment and what I could get together in a blog post. ;-) So, I hope all my notes and references are correct. I hope all is understandable. I hope all isn't too messy. For all the time I've had this it isn't very well organized. But I’m too far gone to double check anything right now. Just shoot me a….a…..um, COMMENT (that’s the word I wanted!) or an email or something if it doesn’t make sense or something or anything or nothing.

::sigh:: I'm confusing.


5 comments:

Charity said...

YOU ARE NOT CONFUSING!!! I loved your post. I will come back with more thoughts when I am less in pain due to my very sunburnt self and more awake due to more hours of sleep and more clear due to more extensive reading through this lovely post. But I will say that I am so glad God is teaching you these things!!!!!!!! What a faithful God we serve.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

aswine said...

A beauteous post. I think you've been amazingly joyous during the dismal time i'd be having if I were you. I dunno how you keep up your sticker-on-forehead attitude all the time. I'd probably just lock myself in my room for a few weeks.

On a different note, I was looking up "joyous" in the thesaurus, and "full of beans" was in there...

*ugh* Why do all of my posts feel inadequately and stupid?

aswine said...

Oh, happy New Year.

Mariaj said...

Aww, a beautifully grand, long post! It did make sense...well, at least most of it. :)

You are such an encouraging friend Leah. I am so glad that you can find such encouragement from God's word in hard times.

beautifulness!

me, myself, and I said...

Charibuns, ::smile:: thanks. I'm glad someone understands my rambling musings of strangness. I'm thankful for such friends as you!!! I have been so blessed by your friendship Charity. ::sigh:: We were able to tlak last night! :) Hope your sunburn feels better!

Ha Andrew, you've only seen the push-all-not-happy-feelings-down- deep side at SCA :) I honestly haven't been...full of beanish ;) it really has that in there? that is so totally AMAZING!!!! whoa. AND YOUR POSTS AREN"T STUPID!!!!! good grief ;)

MARIA! hehe, I'm glad it mostly made sense. ::smile:: I'm glad you came and read it! :-) ::sigh:: we need to talk more. next time we're both on gmail expect an interruption!!! :D