trying something new?

30 April 2008

forever and ever...

(Christopher Robin):...is a very long time Pooh.
(Pooh): Forever isn't long at all when I'm with you!  

The few talks I heard at Hope for Eternity were amazing.  And I heard they just got better and better.  There was one in particular that a few people shared a bit on yesterday with me.  They were from Mr. Donnelly's (i believe) final sermon.  As I talked to said people, they were talking about heaven and what we would think of each other there and what Mr. Donnelly was saying about it.  Talking about this caused me to think this thought (which even though I've totally thought along this exact thought before, I was completely overjoyed to think about it again and in a deeper way):  
My friendships with my fellow Christians now will never end.  Even when one of us dies, it's not over.  We won't see each other for a bit, but soon enough we shall all be in heaven and then we'll never leave again and just be friends, forever.  We shall be worshipping God, forever.  We will be in this perfect and utter happiness that I'm pretty sure we won't have known before.  And it will last, forever.  

This seriously makes my heart ache with happy thoughts.    

Oh yes, it shall be grand.   

2 comments:

aswine said...

I always think of 2 things when I think about this subject. First, how I need to live in a way that views Earth as a temporary home, and second how sometimes I just can't wait to get out of here!

Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal; for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

The 3rd of the 2 things is trying to get over the fact that I am/will get(ing) the total opposite of what I deserve. I also can't find a better word than "crazy", though I don't imagine I'll ever find one.

In closing:
"That's what Jagulars always do," said Pooh, much interested. "They call 'Help! Help!' and then when you look up, they drop on you."

TTFN, ta-ta for now.

Charity said...

I love Winnie the Pooh quotes!!!

But, much more than that, I LOVE the reality of that beautiful promise that we will all be together FOREVER, singing praises to our God FOREVER, and living in perfect joy and harmony and righteousness FOREVER! "Sorrow and sighing will flee away." (check out Isaiah 51:11!)

Thank you for the reminder, dear Leah. Hopefully we will be talking soonly. I love you.