trying something new?

30 May 2008

My Man Luke


[Luke and I debating Postal Service's best song over a nice glass of ice tea during one of the best days ever]

Yesterday, I got to talk to my big brother on the phone and wish him many happy returns of the day. It was so good to hear his voice; to hear him say, "Girl, what's going on? Is Life good? Is everything going alright?"; to laugh at each other's corny jokes and watch mum's face when we both die laughing at each other's stupidity. It was so good to make sarcastic remarks to each other and talk about our small and petty problems with each other (hey, i now can tell the difference between higher-end pools and the lower-end ones--my bro has enlightened me :^P). It was such an "our" conversation. One minute, making fun of each other; the next, giving one other serious Life advice...and then, right in the middle of it, Luke proves that he's not lost his niche at being able to take me in on the most obvious things...::smile:: It was good to sing "happy birthday" to him in my own off key way and knowing that he didn't care. It felt so nice to hear him say, "dude, when are you coming down? You have your license...don't you? We need to go eat some BBQ and jam together, girl." ::sigh:: To listen to his ridiculous voicemail message...

[sooooo much laughter...Jullian's (I think) in Memphis...Arcade/Resturant thing...really good ice tea too...]
Luke, you are one awesome dude. I love you. You always make me laugh. You always remind me not to take things too seriously. We ague out the finer points of what qualifies as random. We go through the drive-through (how do you spell one of those things???), annoying the cashiers, and singing Queen at the top of our lungs covering all the parts. We watch corny movies together and listen to each other's recommendations. We dare each other to do stupid things at the mall like, jumping on all the mattresses in the store and getting out before the little old sweet clerk lady catches you. Or to get your picture taken with the Easter Bunny. Or to go ask the guy across from us at Pizza Hut if he's seen Nemo 'cause I'm looking for him. Ah, yes. Luke, God has blessed me with one marvelous brother who has some pretty sweet skillz. Don't waste them. Live Life to the fullest. And know, that I always have a hug and a kiss for you no matter how many times you tackle Micky Mouse. Rock on. Lovin' Life, Lovin' You (are you stealing some of Chuck and Cindy's wedding beer? ;^) ).

[Posing with the buisness card that some recorder dude gave Luke the night before while Luke was playing his guitar. :P]


2 comments:

aswine said...

Wow, it's awesome that you have such a great relationship with Luke. God has really blessed you. Not everybody can talk about their siblings like that. Pray that He strengthens you guys through your time of separation!

You should have gone to Boomland. Fireworks are to the soul as garlic is to Aioli.

Me, Myself, and I said...

boomland...if i knew what you were talking about i might agree. fireworks are grand though.