trying something new?

08 June 2008

it was fun. it was great. and it was *really* great.

the tears began with my mum during prayer at breakfast...
the bewilderment continued on into the afternoon.
the tears came after hanging up after a "you're growing up" conversation with my daddy on the phone...
this is the only birthday i can remember with him not being here.
2 people tried to cover for the other 4 during my little birthday song...
but i had 7 other dear, lovely, family and friend people call to sing (with much vim and vigor!) various birthday songs to my happy ear (yes, i mean various. you'd be surprised... :P it was great)

it has been the most emotional birthday ever...it's been great. :)

Mum, Dad,
Thanks for giving 17 years of your lives to devote to my own life. You've spent years watching, listening, advice-giving, encouraging, loving, caring, educating, helping, preparing, hugging and oodles of other things for me. Thanks for raising me in a Christian home where I am taught to fear God who's full of grace, love, and mercy. You have sacrificed so many things for me; many dreams, wishes, careers that would have been easier, time that would have been yours to have, money that could have been spent on something else. So many times you've spent evenings and entire nights listening to me ramble, cry, rejoice, or stayed up with me when I was sick (or finishing those 4-H projects and school papers :) ). For all the times as a baby when I kept you up at night (which I am told was waaaaaaay more than the usual amount!). All the times you've sat and waited while I had a cello lesson or was at play practice or drove around all night looking for the horse who escaped or come and picked me up from a friend's house at midnight because I needed you :). Lately, so many of our talks end in tears with the thought of having such marvelous parents as you two. I love you both so much more than I could ever say...and it would take me a bit as I'm not good with words :). I don't know the way to say it, thank you just isn't enough. But I guess simple is best-- thank you daddy and mum, for the best 17 years ever! I love you!

P.S. Yes mum, I'll drive safely tomorrow ;) Your car is in excellent hands...::mwhahahah:: hey, they could have used a penguin on that country's flag, right? ;) Thanks for everything today!!! It was super!
dad- does Oobleck live in Memphis as well? I miss him. :( I miss you. See you soon!

3 comments:

Charity said...

did you get our message?????? ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Me, Myself, and I said...

yse i did!!! hehe, mum told me like, 2 days ago that i had one from, she thought,you. I LOVED IT!~!!!! THANK YOU SOOOO ENTIRELY MUCH! :)

Anonymous said...

Leah, Thanks for sharing your blog, those were kindhearted loving words you expressed. It made my cry. Your a beautiful person.

Love,
Dad