trying something new?

23 November 2008

When it feels like my dreams are so far:

I said, "Oh, that I had wings like a dove! I would fly away and be at rest. Behold, I would wonder far away,
I would lodge in the wilderness.
I would hasten to my place of refuge
From the stormy wind and tempest." [Psalm 55:6-8]

You have taken account my wanderings;
Put my tears in Your bottle.
Are they not in Your book? [Psalm 56:8]

Cast your burden upon the Lord and He will* sustain you; He will* never allow the righteous to be shaken...I will* trust in You. [Psalm 55:22...23]

He will redeem my soul in peace from the battle which is against me. [Psalm 55:18]

For You have tried us, O God;
You have refined us as silver is refined.
You brought us into the net;
You laid an oppressive burden upon our loins.
You made men ride over our heads;
We went through fire and through water,
Yet You brought us out into a place of abundance.* [Psalm 66:10-12]

Is not God amazing to know what a range of emotions we humans would have, to plan what to write for those to come? To know what would bring comfort and what wouldn't? (I'm so(oooooooooohohohohohoho) glad He didn't just say, "That's life, dear." and send us on our merry[not-so-merry] way.) Sing to me of the plans that you have for me over again. They've gotta be perfect!
(*=own italics)

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Wow! That's very encouraging! I discovered you blog today and fell into absolute love with it!
God bless!
Caroline

Me, Myself, and I said...

I'm glad you were encouraged! :) So often, I think I use my blog more as a place to complain when I want it to be a place where my words can serve others. I'm glad it was used in a positive way this time at least! :P
aww, thank you! You are too sweet!
In Christ,
Leah